Monday 9 July 2012

Its the olympics....get the tissues ready

It seems these days that I can't stop crying.  Not over important things, you understand but the one thing sure to give me moist eyes is individual British sporting success. Or failure. Or a near miss.  So, yesterday you would have found me welling up over Andy Murray (after having also cried when he beat Tsonga earlier in the week).   Even Strauss's recent century against the West Indies had me all choked up. 

This isn't such a recent phenomenon.  British medallists in rowing and cycling at the last olympics had me wiping my eyes and sniffing hard.  And you can bet it will be the same, only worse this summer with all those British hopefuls competing in London.  Go knows, if our local hero Tom Daley wins gold and dedicates it to his late dad, I'll be an absolute wreck for hours afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment