Friday 14 March 2014

green deal assessment day part II

So, actually our green deal assessment and epc were completed some time ago now (it was November I think), its just that I hadn't published the post for some reason, and when I did I could not be bothered to re-write it to reflect the passage of time.

So, in the intervening period has anything happened as a result of the assessment?  Well, yes and no.  Nothing has actually happened yet (apart from the installation of 9 LED spots in the kitchen), but progress is being made to a point where next week we will be having external wall insulation installed.

I'm sure this type of delay is not typical amongst people going through the green deal process but I would not be surprised if a fair number of people take at least this long to actually achieve anything or just give up entirely because I have found the system complex and offputting to say the least.

To be fair a large chunk of the delay was caused by a requirement to obtain planning permission from Dartmoor National Park Authority for the proposed insulation.  This took us to mid January to obtain (and added a couple of hundred pounds to our costs).  But once that was received I thought it was going to be a straight forward matter to press ahead with the insulation.  HOW WRONG I WAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment