Thursday 30 August 2012

Erg! (part 2)

So, boys1&2 are at a friend's house today which leaves me a chance to fall back into my term-time indoor rowing regime a week earlier that I expected.  For those who are interested I'm trying to follow a training plan loosely based on the pete plan and the wolverine plan.  This means that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday lunchtimes when boy3 is asleep I get to do a quick session on the rower.

A couple of days ago I did a 5000m long row session. Today it was a set of 4x1000m reps.  The aim of my training plan is to do at least 3 sessions a week - one long row, one sprint reps session (500m reps) and one longer reps session (1000-1500m reps).  I'm logging all the rows on the concept2.com logbook and ranking the faster ones against the other online members on there which is definitely a good motivation tool as I can see when I move up the rankings.

What surprises me is the speed with which I can improve my 2000m pb by doing lots of sprint rep training sessions.  I guessing a lot of this is mental improvement in that you get used to going at a certain pace and know that you can carry on at the pace for a  good period.

Anyway my good intentions are now published and out in the open so I'll have to keep up with the plan won't I!



No comments:

Post a Comment